Monday, March 31, 2014

Nine Weeks in Brazilia

Well this week is week nine for both halves of our companionship: Nine weeks since I arrived in the mission, nine weeks until Elder Soares leaves the mission, but hey, who's counting.

Every week in the mission is so different from another. This week we were running all over the place, I felt like I was hardly in my area. A BIG highlight was a conference we had with President Martins. He taught us all kinds of things throughout the day but the best part was when he used videos of the life of Jesus Christ to teach us about our role as messengers of God. One of the hardest things in the mission is when people reject our message that will bring so much happiness into their lives but he reminded us that Christ was rejected too even though he was perfect. Because of that he suffered much more humiliation than I will ever have to bear talking with people in the street.

MIRACLE! Guilherme, a guy that we're teaching, is going to be baptized this weekend!! He's looking for direction in life and through the Gospel of Jesus Christ he's finding it. I was in another area on an exchange the other day and my companion went to an activity with him and asked "So what to you think about baptism next weekend?" And he said "Sure" (Actually he said "Pode ser" but "Can be" doesn't make sense in english) He's super excited for it and it's such a joy to watch a friend find faith in Christ and choose to center his life around that. 

Other News:
Got asked to play piano in church after 7 months of not playing and the organ wasn't working right... Someone said "Wow, you looked really nervous up there." It was rough
Got kissed by a drunk guy... Again
Tried to put a hot spice on my beans and rice and it accidentally poured rather than dripped on.... The whole table looked at me with shocked eyes and out of emberassment I said "No, it's fine, I like pimenta" (hot seasoning made with peppers) Yeah, I cried.

I LOVE BRAZIL, JUST ADVENTURES AND MIRACLES HERE


~Elder Della-Piana

No comments:

Post a Comment