Monday, March 10, 2014

Transferência 1 Terminado

Well, Brazil Transfer #1 is in the books. Super hard but I can see myself growing so much.

So this week we had 3 exchanges. For two of them I stayed here in São Bento and the other I went to the Area of the Zone Leaders with one of the missionaries that has baptized like crazy in the mission. He is one of the best teachers in the mission, uses the scriptures, helps people think about things in a different way, inspires them to action and a bunch of other stuff. I learned so much that day. The other exchanges I had to lead in our area and I gained a ton of confidence from those days. I had to lead out on all the teaching because the elders there with me didn't know the people and I was pretty nervous about it. After those days I had so much more confidence, even though I ran into challenges with the language the Lord blessed me so I could help everything run smoothly. 

We had some sweet experiences this week. A family that wasn't very firm (wow I just had to pause to remember how to speak english) came to church and was super excited!! There kids loved it and the dad went from super quiet and not responding during lessons to the point where I could tell he had a good experience at church and will come again next Sunday. We also had two other investigators that we found this week come to church. They both had friends as soon as they showed up. One is 14 and the other is 18 and super intelligent. She's going to Institute this weekend with a member!! It was such a blessing because that had been the hardest thing for us is bringing investigators to church and even though we had a bunch of other that were supposed to come this was cool to see. 

Well we get transfer news tonight but we got a sneak peak and it looks like Elder Paixão is out and I'll be sticking around. President emailed him and said he'll be in another area. I'm pretty stoked, this area hasn't had much success in the work of salvation in a while but I feel like a bunch of things are coming together for miracles to happen here. 

Love you all!

~Elder Della-Piana

No comments:

Post a Comment