Monday, March 3, 2014

Trabalhar com alegria e cantar!! “Work with joy and singing”

Beleza!

Man, are we working here. We are talking to so many people every single day. We have a given space at the back of our daily planner to write down when we meet a potential investigator and get an address to go visit another day and I already ran out of space and we still have a week left in the transfer. I remember when I was serving stateside looking at how many pages were back there and thinking to myself "Wow, that would be hard to use all of those pages." Oh how little I knew then.

This week was good. We went to São Paulo to the Federal Police department to take care of visa stuff and we got lost at 11 pm trying to find the apartment we were supposed to stay at. My companion had no idea and I was no use because I thought I knew something but I couldn't communicate it. We finally wound up there and the next morning everything was smooth. Because of that trip the week was kind of slow at first but then this weekend we taught a ton and found a bunch of new people to teach and we're excited here!!


Like I mentioned last week we're trying to work with the ward here. We had a family home evening in the house of a member this week and were able to bring a man we're teaching and also a family. The family had been kind of wishy-washy before and a little downhearted but after that activity they were excited and they couldn't come to church this week but they  

[Adam's dad here... his ending of the email shouldn't be too alarming. I clearly means he started a conversation with a chance to share the gospel or it just means someone offered him food.  Still, that is the abrupt end of his email.  I'm sure he's fine because he responded to another email after this one was sent.  Kinda comical.  Ciao!]

[THIS CAME IN THE FOLLOWING WEEK!]

are going to come next week!! They're kids were dying laughing during the activity and they were able to bond a little bit with the members that were there. 

It's an adventure here in Brazil. Nothing like I could have expected and every day I have a new challenge and every day I see the hand of the Lord lift me through. Like Alma I know this Gospel blesses lives and want to declare it to every creature so that there's no more sadness on the earth.

Sincerely,
Elder Adam Della-Piana


PS. Sorry that didn't all send last week, not sure exactly what happened.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment