Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Final da Transferência

Well, yet another transfer is coming to a close here in good old Brazil.

It was a good transfer here with Elder Soares. A challenge we had at the start of the transfer was that we didn't have the trust of the members in our ward and we gained that confidence back this transfer. Sunday we had the chance to give talks during Sacrament Meeting and I really wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to bless the ward. I prepared and prayed and studied all week for this talk and felt pretty good. I had been asked to go 10 minutes and Elder Soares 15 but he put off his talk until the last minute and so when we got to the stand he said "You know, I'm not going to go very long, is there any way you could go 20 minutes" and so I cranked it out to 20 minutes. It was cool to see how my language has changed in just 3 months to be able to pull that off. Elder Soares also had a great talk and after we had a bunch of people thank us for what we had shared which was very different from how it had been one transfer ago. 

Well it's pretty hilarious that right now as I write I am having a ton of trouble remembering how to speak English, I had to change the word I wanted to use several times because I realized it didn't make sense haha. Oh the blessings of having a native companion.

This week I we've been working with the family of one of our recent converts. She is on FIRE for missionary work and is talking with EVERYONE about how much the Gospel has blessed her life. Tomorrow will be a month since her baptism and we've started teaching her aunt, cousin from the other side of the family and the families of two of her friends all because she has been so excited about sharing the gospel. It is so cool to watch someone truly embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

This week I've been thinking about Easter and Christ's resurrection and how they play into the work of Salvation. For me that's captured in the story of the Sons of Mosiah and their desire to share the gospel - 

"Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.

 And thus did the Spirit of the Lord work upon them, for they were the very vilest of sinners. And the Lord saw fit in his infinite mercy to spare them; nevertheless they suffered much anguish of soul because of their iniquities, suffering much and fearing that they should be cast off forever."

I know Christ loves us and wants us to have complete joy in this life and because of this speaks through a living prophet to guide us today

~Elder Della-Piana


No comments:

Post a Comment