Tuesday, May 6, 2014

São Bento can't get rid of me

Well transfer news is in and (drumroll please) I'M STAYING IN SÃO BENTO! Elder Soares was ticked that he's headed out. This will be his last transfer and he wanted to finish the mission here. Anyways, I'm stoked. We gained the trust of the members the last transfer and now we're seeing miracles start to unfold here. 

First of all my new companion Elder Palhares showed up. He has already served with basically my entire MTC group which is kind of funny. He's from Minais (don't think I spelled that right) and is even taller than me! I always get the midgets or giants as companions, never in between. He's pretty cool. He's obsessed with titantic and I think he cried when he heard I haven't seen it. (Hope I didn't make any enemies back home divulging that information) Case in point, he's excited to work and so am I so I bet it will be a good transfer. 

We had a sweet baptism this week!! Iraci is the mom of a girl we baptized last transfer. Her story of how she chose to be baptized is kind of cool. At first she was very wishy-washy about baptism and said "I'm very instantanious with my choices, I'll let you guys know when I want to be baptized." Then about 2 weeks ago as we were leaving she heard us mention another person that would be baptized and said "I'll be baptized with them" without us even having to invite her. It's funny because the other person wasn't baptized but she was.


Other cool miracles 
 - we had a ton of investigators at church and the ward was super excited about it, even better because it was families that came
 - the new chapel is being built right now and they are working NONSTOP! It's sweet, I'll shoot off a picture.

Anyways, just miracles here, I love this area 

Love you guys, Stay safe

~Elder Della-Piana

(Photos - Baptism with Elder Palhares and the part of Iraci's family that was able to come to the baptism;

Other foto of the beginning of the construction of our new chapel here, should be done by December or so I've heard)

No comments:

Post a Comment