Wednesday, April 23, 2014

8 mezes já!?

Holy smokes, today is my 8 month mark... I can't believe it's already been so much time I can't believe time has flown by so fast already. Hard to believe. 

This week was an interesting one. The week started off slow but we marked a bunch of appointments for the end of the week and it was going to crank up. Then it started. On Wednesday we were in a lesson right after lunch and it was going great, the spirit was strong, the lady we were teaching was involved and really thinking about the message and as we were hitting the climax my companion cut me off mid-sentance, cut the lesson short and pushed us out of the house. We got into the street and I asked him "What was that for!? It was going great in there and we didn't get to capitalize with a good invite!" He explained that it was a matter of urgency that we entered the church immidiately for him to use the bathroom. Shortly thereafter we returned to our house and thus began three days of chilling at home, allowing the king to remain nearby his throne. Our area book is now perfectly updated in all aspects and I think I have Preach My Gospel memorized. Fortunately we have a guitar too so I arranged some hymns on that which was cool. 

We did have a really sweet miracle this week. We visited Andressa who was baptized a few weeks ago and taught her and her mom and as we were leaving her mom heard us talking about a baptism for next week and said without looking up from her sowing "And if I want to be baptized too?" And we said "How's 7 o'clock?" and still not looking up she said "Whatever time works for me." Marked a baptism with somebody without even inviting, how's that for a miracle. We had invited previously but she'd always said it would be spontaneous and it looks like the time came. 

We have a huge page of scriptures to inspire our faith that we read on a daily basis and there's one I've been thinking about a lot lately:

 "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity...Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee." (1 Timothy 4:12, 16)

By becoming more like the savior, our example can inspire others to become like them and thus by snowball effect save us and all those around us. Save us from misery to joy and from destruction to everlasting salvation.

Love you guys,


Elder DP

No comments:

Post a Comment