Monday, February 3, 2014

FINALLY IN BRAZIL!

This week has been a whirl! I guess it's been two weeks since I've gotten to write so first I had a great last week in Colorado. We went to some caves for our study one morning with the Spanish Elders and that was way cool. Hopefully I'll get some pictures off of that. I got to say goodbye to just about everyone since I had such good notice but it was weird because all our investigators acted like I was leaving for a vacation, "oh you're going to Brazil! It's going to be so warm there! Plus you'll be close to the beach?!" If only they could see me walking and sweating in the heat now. It was 36 degrees  the other day and the Brazileiros were making a big deal about it so I am guessing that was really hot in Farenheit as well (that's 97 F).
New missionaries Elder DP came in with

President & Sister Martins
 Missionary work is so different here. We literally talk to every single person we see and nearly everyone invites us back because we talk about Christ and they like that because they already have their church they're comfortable with. We teach the restoration and invite them to prepare for baptism right off the bat everytime because we have so many people that we need to weed out who is really interested and who is just being courtious. It's sweet though, my new companion Elder Paixão is a boss. He is SO bold with everyone and it's kind of wild to watch.

Elder DP & Elder Paixão 
Anyways, the language is coming surprisingly well. Either people look at my companion and say, "Wow, 6 six days and he already talks like that" or they look at my companion and say "He doesn't speak much does he?" so it's still hard to guage where I'm at but I'm loving it. Bishop had me start of Testimony on Sunday and I hope they laughed at my joke to start it off and not at me bearing testimony of the book of monkies or something like that. I had to stick to the basics for that but it was good.

Well I'm loving it here. It's hot and the language is hard but the people are amazing and it's still the same gospel so it's great. 

Falou!

Elder Della-Piana

No comments:

Post a Comment