Friday, January 24, 2014

LAST WEEK STATESIDE!

Bom dia!
We had a week of service this week. First I went on an emergency split with the Zone Leader's third wheel and we did four hours of service to help one of their older investigators get his car running so he could get to Grand Junction for an appointment the next day. That day once I got to my area we went strait to helping one of our investigators move across town. Then we did service for the local food bank/thrift shop every day because they were short on volunteers and we helped another investigator pack her truck to move out to Tennessee! It was cool though to do so much service even though sometimes it felt like we weren't getting to teach as much as we wanted to we still got to make a difference.
New Year's Eve Sunset
Elder Smelcer - two spanish speaking elders - Elder DP

Saturday I went to the Spanish area on exchange and Elder Smelcer decided I would go with the Greenie in that area that hardly speaks Spanish which made for an exiting day. We had some awesome lessons though and even though it was in broken Spanish for both of us my faith in the gift of tongues grew as I was able to understand and communicate as much as was needed for the people we visited to learn and grow and feel the Spirit. While on that exchange we actually found a new English speaking investigator. It was so crazy because we had 15 minutes until dinner and so I said (dramatically and mostly jokingly) "Alright, we're going to knock two doors on this street and the first will not open but the second will let us in and we will say a prayer with them and he will invite us back and become a great new investigator." We knocked the first door and no one answered so I joked on how my "prophecy had been fulfilled" but we went down the street a little farther and knocked one more door and he let us in and we prayed with him and after praying he asked us to come back before we could even ask if it would be okay! It was so cool. I guess we'll see how it goes but it was just a really cool experience we had and I'm looking forward to going back this week and seeing how interested he really is.

I've been reading lately the story of Alma from his conversion through his teachings and I've been amazed by his perseverance and how he relied on the Lord even when he was dismayed. I love the scripture in Alma 4:15, "Alma... began to be very sorrowful; nevertheless the Spirit of the Lord did not fail him." I truly believe that the Spirit of the Lord will not fail us and I love reading of how it did not fail him either.

Eu amo voces! Que tenham boas semanas!


~Elder Della-Piana

No comments:

Post a Comment