Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Why Stop Now?

Well I kept my transfer streak going.... COMPANION NUMBER 19 HERE I COME!!

Haha this time I'm the one on the transfer bus and I'm headed to São Paulo. I'll get to serve with Elder Noleto, one of the best missionaries in the mission. I'm pretty excited but at the same time it's hard to say bye to everyone here, I thought I'd stick around for longer. I'm stoked though because I'll be in the same zone as Elder Dallto (my companion from before this last transfer). 
 Zona Barcelona! All missionaries from our zone
 ... Porque Batizar é Bom Demais
Mauro's baptism - fun fact: In portuguese
the literal translation of the word for the baptismal
clothes means "Big Monkey" 
 oh louco! 
"Pastor Mauro" was baptised this week. The first time we met him I didn't even mark to go back and visit him I thought it was so unlikely that he would be baptized. The next day he called us in the street to go back to his house and we marked his baptism. He presented himself as "Pastor" because he was a pastor a long time ago in another church. His baptism was right after Stake Conference and so there was a pretty good turnout which was cool. 

The boy in the striped suit
The young man with a suit and purple tie and shirt is a friend of ours that went to church for the first time last week. He went with a suit and everything and I thought he was a member from another ward but it turned out he had already been to church in another ward but isn't baptised and was visiting our ward for the first time. We went there this week and he had a strong desire to keep going to church and be dedicated to following Christ. I'm bummed that I won't be here for his baptism next weekend.

Well I'm pretty stoked for a new adventure in the Capital. I'll be serving in the same zone with several of my friends from the mission and so I'm pretty stoked to be there.

Recent Converts and Youth again
Have a great week!
Até já,
Elder DP

"I like to look for rainbows, whenever there is rain"


Rafael is gunna get baptized

Saying Goodbye to recent converts
and other youth from the ward, 

Youth activity with Stake Conference
Service Project

No comments:

Post a Comment