Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Doing Work

I love being a missionary. It's hard but it's worth it. This week had its ups and downs. Lots of exchanges and interviews. Lots of miracles and lots of plans that fell through.

We started working a lot this week with less active families and some families that not all are members of the church. It was cool to be able to hear their stories and remind them of their testimonies. There was one Sunday night when we were really tired and decided to try one more street at 8:30 at night and my companion stopped in a doorway and greeted the man that was sitting there. It turned out that he was less active and had been thinking this weekend about how he wanted to be able to go back to church and was thinking about how he wished the Élders had passed by his house. He committed to go to church next sunday :)

Our mission president gave us a challenge starting this week until Easter for us to study the last week of Christ's earthly ministry using the 4 Gospels as well as Jesus the Christ and any references in the Book of Mormon. As we study he asked us to ponder three questions
      1) In His last week, how did He treat others?
      2) In his last week, how did He act before judgement, suffering and betrayal?
      3) How did he finish?

I got stoked when I saw this invite, I think it's going to not only be a fascinating study but also an inspiring experience. (I guess it's my dad's fault I became a scripture nerd...)

Have a great week! Do great things!
Elder DP


No comments:

Post a Comment