Monday, January 5, 2015

Ala Barcelona!

Well my first week in Barcelona was an interesting one. Between transfers and travels we only got to work for two days in our own area but we killed ourselves helping other missionaries and taking advantage of every moment we had in our own area. I think it was one of the most tiring weeks of my mission but it was also a good one. My companion is from Manaus, Brazil and is awesome. He has a strong accent and uses lots of slang from there and I even caught myself a few times starting to use his slang. It's good though, there are several missionaries in our zone that I've already served with so it's always fun to have friends in the same zone.




The Week in Pictures
- The picture of me and the big guy is me with my favorite member from Itu that helped us with EVERYTHING. He's a guy that seriously changed my life through the way I saw him serve and love other people. Ironically he was called as the Ward mission leader in my last sacrament meeting in Itu. 
- The picture with a group of people is me with some recent converts, investigators and some other families from the ward that got together for a fun family home evening on my last night in Itu which was fun. One member made Coxinhas which is an awesome food from here that I still need to learn how to make. 
- Other picture of me and my new companion was at a members house when he finished eating the rest of the salad with the giant fork that was used to serve....
- Finally there's the brazilian Santa that was in a truck dancing to some music while a bunch of families in a poor part of town waited in line to get christmas presents. 

This week we're excited for a fun week of Christmas. It doesn't feel like Christmas without snow but it's still fun. The festivities already started with a ward party this week which was awesome. Hope you all enjoy your Christmas in the many places that you are at!

Feliz Natal!

Elder Della-Piana

No comments:

Post a Comment