Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wild Week of Transfers

Well I have never had such a wild transfer week. 

Elder DP & Elder Johnson
As some that are serving or have served missions know the week of transfers is always a week of high anxiety and anticipation. This time I wasn't worried because I'd already assumed I would leave São Bento since I've been here for so long and so I was just waiting for where I would be sent - I was wrong. The call for transfers came in Monday and I was told I would stay in São Bento and that my new companion would be ELDER JOHNSON - one of my favorite elders in the whole mission and someone that I look up to a ton. Even better because we were already serving in are

Change of plans - not companions
as close by. Then tuesday morning the mission office called me and let me know I would still be in São Bento but instead of Elder Johnson I would have a different companion... Ahhhh, it would have been good.

Anyways, now I'm with Elder Alvarez from Chile. He has even less time speaking portuguese than I do which is interesting because he can't trade into English to clarify and I've had to try to remember Spanish to understand. It's great though he's excited.

So, funny story of th
e week. There was a drunk guy (at 10 am in the morning) that came up to a group of me and 5 other American missionaries at a bus stop and asked if Mormons are a cult or a religion. After explaining that it's a religion he said "I like you guys, even though I just threw down a few 'pingas' (alcoholic drinks) you guys still talk to me." Another missionary - a big, blue-eyed, blonde-haired german-american, started inviting him to go to church on sunday and in the middle of explaining the guy blurted out "Why do they always send the good-looking ones here for us brazilians, you have beautiful eyes." We got a kick out of that one.
Elder DP & Elder Alvarez

Well the work of salvation is great here. We're working a lot to bring back those that have drifted away from the Gospel. It's cool to help people that have already been baptized renew their faith in Christ and become active in following him once more.

Love you guys,

Elder Della-Piana

No comments:

Post a Comment