Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Parada Pinto

Another action packed week in Parada Pinto. It was funny because last week I received an email from a friend that said they met someone that passed through my area as well several years ago and the only question he had about the area was if the house was still small and smelly. The missionaries have lived in the same house for 15 years but we did some good cleaning this transfer so it's still small but at least not smelly :p

Exchanges
Yet another week full of exchanges. From Thursday afternoon to Saturday evening we did three different exchanges with missionaries for baptismal interviews and training new missionaries. I got to do an exchange with a new missionary from Guatemala called Elder Mac. I got to practice my rusty Spanish a bit and have some cool lessons with him.



 
Being here in Brazil and working as a missionary is such a special thing. There are so many things that we experience and learn here every day that you have to see to understand or have to be learned rather than taught. 

I've been listening again to several of the talks from General Conference and I think that one of my favorite was Elder Holland's talk where he talks about a boy who saves his brother's life rock climbing and compares that to Christ. 

Have a great week you guys, 
Até Mais,
Elder DP

Pictures this week are us with our recent converts and the chocolate egg they made for us and other pictures from a new area worked in a bit this week that is really humble and made me grateful for what I have when I saw these houses and tried to help the people there to improve their lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment